How to obtain EHR Certification ID
Important Information About CMS and ONC EHR Certification ID Numbers and How to Obtain Them
CMS and ONC EHR Certification IDs Defined
The unique ONC EHR Certification ID is issued by the ATCB and is associated with the CMS EHR Certification ID but distinct from it. The ONC EHR Certification ID is one of the “inputs” into the calculation and creation of the CMS EHR Certification ID. However, it is ultimately the CMS EHR Certification ID number which EPs and hospitals will use for the incentive payments. On September 8, 2016, CHPL 4.0 was replaced with the new “open data” CHPL. Stakeholders can generate CMS EHR Certification IDs and access CMS EHR Certification ID validation data through the new CHPL APIs.Questions may be directed to ONC's Office of Certification via email at: [email protected]
Steps for Obtaining a CMS EHR Certification ID Number
- Go to the ONC CHPL web site.
- Following the instructions on the site, search for the certified EHR products. Additionally Acmeware has created a CHPL Guide called OneView 2015 Edition Certified Product Listings on ONC Certified Health IT Product List (CHPL) to help you select the right products/components for successful attestation.
- Select the EHR product(s) used to meet Promoting Interoperability. The status of Base Criteria and CQMs selected will display on the right hand side of the screen.
- Use the “Get Certification ID” button to generate a CMS EHR Certification ID. The button will not be activated until the items selected meet 100% of the required criteria. If your EHR products do not meet 100% of the Promoting Interoperability criteria, then a CMS EHR Certification ID number cannot be issued.
- Finally, you will see the CMS EHR Certification ID. It is typically a 15 digit string made up of alphanumeric characters.