OneView Hospital Quality Release Notes
What's New in OneView Hospital Quality 5.0.1
Release Date: Monday, July 16, 2018
Acmeware is pleased to announce that our OneView Hospital Quality package version 5.0.1 is available for general release. Version 5.0.1 adds new functionality and support for eReporting for the 2018 reporting period electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs) including the latest eCQM specifications from CMS.
OneView 5.0.1 includes 2018 Performance Period eCQM specifications (as of January 2018) updates to nomenclature mapping codes, logic corrections, updated value sets from the NLM Value Set Authority Center and updated clinical best practices guidance from MEDITECH. OneView 5.0.1 includes built-in support for ALL MEDITECH platforms including MAGIC, CS, 6.0, and Expanse.
Here's a summary of what's new in this update:
2015 Edition Certification: Acmeware has completed and passed all certification testing for OneView 5.0 2015 Edition Certification for the Hospital Quality Package. We have received an official certification letter from Drummond group and the OneView product should be available on the CHPL website by the end of July.
Below is a list of all certification criteria completed:
170.315(c)(1) Clinical quality measures (CQMs) - record and export
170.315(c)(2) Clinical quality measures (CQMs) - import and calculate
170.315(c)(3) Clinical quality measures (CQMs) - report
170.315(c)(4) Clinical quality measures (CQMs) - filter
170.315(d)(1) Authentication, access control, authorization
170.315(d)(2) Auditable events and tamper-resistance
170.315(d)(3) Audit report(s)
170.315(d)(5) Automatic access time-out
170.315(d)(6) Emergency access
170.315(d)(7) End-user device encryption
170.315 (d)(9) Trusted connection
170.315(g)(2) Automated measure calculation
170.315(g)(4) Quality management system
170.315(g)(5) Accessibility-centered design
Quality Programs: OneView Hospital Quality (HQ) continues to support Medicare and Medicaid Meaningful Use CQM and Objective Measure reporting and attestation. OneView Medicare and Medicaid Objective Measure updates were made to conform to the Modified Stage 2 EP Objective specifications published by CMS in the Electronic Health Record Incentive Program-Stage 3 and Modifications to Meaningful Use in 2015 Through 2017 published 10/16/2015, the CMS OPPS Final Rule published 11/14/2016 and the CMS IPPS Final Rule published 10/04/2017.
In addition, OneView HQ supports the eCQM eReporting to both the CMS Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) and the Joint Commission ORYX programs. Workflows associated with the 2018 reporting period requirements will need to be reviewed and incorporated to ensure that these items are accurately configured for this new release.
Submission Wizard: The ability to create electronic submission for 2018 has been disabled and will be available in an upcoming release. Workflows associated with the 2018 reporting period requirements will need to be reviewed and OneView output data validated to ensure that these items are accurately configured for this new release. As a quality reporting submission vendor, Acmeware has a fiduciary responsibility with clinical quality reporting to CMS. Due to Acmeware standards and these significant changes, we have disabled the lock functionality in this release but it will be reinstated, as appropriate.
Validation Reporting: Please review our help guide on Validation Reports and Mapping Reports. The help guide will highlight the tools OneView has available to assist in your measure validation process.
- OneView HQ Help Guide - Validation Reports - https://support.acmeware.com/KB/View/2327-oneview-hq-help-guide--validation-reports
- OneView HQ Help Guide - Mapping Reports - https://support.acmeware.com/KB/View/2968-oneview-hq-help-guide--mapping-reports
- Stage 2: Electronic prescribing is reporting met for prescriptions outside of the reporting period. eRX is pulling service datetime as the measure datetime, however, because an Rx will show up on the visit during Medication Reconciliation, old meds are showing up. Pulling Rx dates will correctly report this measure.
New Features and Enhancements: (for all platforms unless specified)
- As part of the ribbon package update, the hospital settings will no longer be available from the ribbon. Users will be able to access the form from the Manage Dictionaries under the General Settings folder called Manage Hospital Settings.
- Created a new item in Manage dictionaries called Location Exclusion to allow for exclusion of locations (ex. psych and rehab units). If you have questions regarding using this dicationary, review the CMS FAQ 10591 we have posted to our Knowledge Base.
- We have retired the CQM validation reports for each individual measure and have consolidated all CQM measures into one report called CQM Summary. Refer to the Validation Reports help guide for more information.
- Created a new report called Value Set Search that allows users to access and search value set information.
- Updated Value Set Measure Summary to remove previous year comparison option. In addition, updates to the Value Set Measure Summary Report to include 2 new columns Mapping Found and Documentation Found and use value set instead for filtering the measure in this report
Please review our help guide on Validation Reports and Mapping Reports. The help guides will highlight the tools OneView has available to assist in your measure validation process. OneView HQ Help Guide - Validation Reports
- Removed Measures from ORYX Submission option that had been previously removed by TJC during a prior reporting period.: STK-8 (CMS107) and STK-10 (CMS102).
Clinical Quality Measures (CQM):
- Accommodation for supplemental workflow using ED Disposition time as Decision To Admit by including a new possible timestamp to determine the decision to admit. Based on the ED Disposition, need to capture the query that records the date.
- Included workflow associated with the decision to admit utilizing a bed request. This consolidated with the normal decision to admit functionality.
- Added support for capturing VTE Risk Assessment Performed as part of new VTE data capture and reporting requirements VTE Assessment Performed instead of Risk Assessment.
Fixes: (for all platforms unless specified)
Please Note: Customer Support Tickets referenced below may be Acmeware client specific and are not visible to all clients on the Customer Support Portal.
- Updated Transition of care to include all transitions unless excluded by the transitions of care dictionary.
Objective Measures (OM):
- Health Information Exchange (HIE) Measure:
- Excluded disposition types from HIE using lookup table to allow for client customization without code changes. This change is part of HISP/HIE integration.
- Medication Reconciliation (MR):
- Corrected MR to include missing patients from the denominator. The performance rate would be inaccurate, as we were excluding patients that were in denominator but did not make the numerator for the denominator counts.
Clinical Quality Measures (CQM):
- When MRI Unit Number is missing from MEDITECH (IL needed to correct issues) then patient would not generate demographic data and therefore no QRDA could be generated.
- Updated supplemental data for Ethnicity to collect the last documentation entry per patient to avoid documentation errors with multiple responses. Customer Support Ticket: #3479
- Updated Lab results to filter only include numeric results.
- Upgrade for determining IN/ED encounters. Previous version for elective encounters were hard coded into OneView. These have been moved to pull from the MisMap.